A certified member of SHVL may apply for recertification no later than 5 years after receiving certification if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Must have remained a continuous member of SHVL over the five (5) years. An exception request may be submitted for special circumstances.
- Must submit the online renewal application by end of the recertification year.
- Must have documentation of 50 contact hours of continuing professional education in volunteer services OR successfully complete the SHVL certification examination.
- Must submit payment for renewal application fee via online payment or check.
- Complete online Recertification Application. Recertification Application
- Submit the online application and payment of $50 by check or online payment.
- In order to be recognized at the annual education conference, recertification applications must be completed and submitted two months prior to the conference date.
- Once the application and fee have been received, the Certification Committee will review and determine whether applicant meets the criteria.
- An email will be sent to the applicant to let them know whether they have achieved recertification.