A Certified member of SHVL may apply for recertification no later than 5 years after receiving certification if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Must have remained a continuous member of SHVL over the five (5) years. Can submit a request for exception in special circumstances.
- Have documentation of 50 contact hours of continuing professional education in volunteer services OR
- Successful re-examination taking the SHVL certification examination.
- Must have submitted a completed renewal application by end of the recertification year.
- Must have paid renewal application fee of $50 by deadline.
Recertification Application Process
- Complete Recertification Application. Recertification Application
- Submit the application and payment of $50 by check or credit card.
- In order to be recognized at the annual education conference, Recertification applications must be completed and submitted two months prior to the conference date.
- Once the application and fee have been received, the Certification Committee will review and determine whether applicant meets the criteria.
- An email will be sent to the applicant to let them know whether they have achieved Recertification.